News by project:
- some tests were broken (code changes 11.02.06) — Some tests were broken since 11.02.06. more
- forms.tixforms.DataGrid and column widths (code changes 11.02.06) — base.DataGrid now implements GenericDocument. tixform.DataGrid uses this to let Report.computeColumnWidth() do the work. more
- forms.tixforms now shows tabular data (code changes 11.02.06) — The Tkinter GUI (tix) can now display tables for the first time. I abandoned to try using Tix.TList after discovering another way. The other way slurps all data into memory and currently does not even react on keyboard events. But addrbook_demo.py now shows the data also when gui.choose("tix") is active. more
- Tkinter resource wiki (surf notes 10.02.06) — I discovered the Tkinter resource wiki. Started table1 as a copy of aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/52266 and table2 as a copy of tkinter.unpythonic.net/wiki/SortableTable. ↑tkinter.unpythonic.net
- started to play with Pmw (surf notes 10.02.06) — Installed Pmw (by unpacking it into s:\py-site-packages). S:\py-site-packages\Pmw\Pmw_1_2\demos\All.py ran out of the box. Also installed PmwContribD where I'm interested in the Table widget which however seems «not ready for prime time».
- Moved HK_CHAR (25.01.06) — HK_CHAR (the character used to mark hotkey chars in menu and button labels) is no longer a class var of Schema but a constant in forms. Currently I always use HK_CHAR="&", historically this comes from wxWindows who automagically recognizes this. This is no definitive solution because it doesn't allow API users to specify another value for it.
- Tkinter menus for keyboard users (03.01.06) — wxPython automatically underlines and activates a letter in a menu item if its label contains a "&". Tkinter.Menu does it less automagically and more simply using the underline parameter: infohost.nmt.edu/tcc/help/pubs/tkinter/menubutton.html. more
- How to use Tix.TList (31.12.05) — I am trying to find out how to use Tix.TList. Mark Elston asked for help with a similar problem. more
- Switching from wxPython to Tkinter (31.12.05) — I started to not like wxPython any more. I chose it mainly because it had a built-in widget to display tabular data. Meanwhile I discovered Tix. Now I seriously started the lino.forms.tix module. more