News by project:
- Exceptions during Task in GUI (22.05.05) — When an exception occured during a Task that was running in a wx.Form, then the progressDialog was not closed because nobody called ui.onJobAbort().
- Testing GUI applications (07.05.05) — Started a new Toolkit lino.forms.testkit to simulate a running GUI application so that I can write GUI test cases more
- subqueries and filters (feature 29.04.05) — New testcase 40. New module filters. more
- Keeper now with «Search» dialog (feature 17.04.05) — The most obvious option in Keeper's main menu now exists at least. Though certainly not finished. more
- start to make use of Lupy (et cetera 13.04.05) — How to integrate Lupy into a Lino application? It seems that there must be one Indexer per Database or per Application. more
- Getting started with Lupy (surf notes 05.04.05) — I installed Lupy and read the Getting Started article. The examples work. Lupy will be interesting for Keeper.
- command-line conversion "xxx to pdf" (et cetera 04.04.05) — Another way to avoid the problem discovered in use OpenOffice to process documents? (26.03.05) is to launch another process for each file which does conversions using some command-line converter. more
- WordNet (surf notes 04.04.05) — PyWordNet is a Python interface to the WordNet database of word meanings and lexical relationships. WordNet is an online lexical reference system for meanings of English words. English nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs are organized into synonym sets, each representing one underlying lexical concept. Different relations link the synonym sets.
- use OpenOffice to process documents? (surf notes 26.03.05) — Our main idea was that Keeper supposes a working OpenOffice installation which it can use via the Python-UNO bridge to get searchable full-text, meta-data, and last but not least a platform-independent PDF preview. more