Code changes (page 8 of 10)
- worked on release process (25.01.05) — With py2exe and InnoSetup it was relatively easy to
automate the distribution cycle. Lino has now a source release for those who
want to use the Framework (produced with standard distutils, the
TIM Tools are still a simple zip file with the py2exe output
(since they are just command-line tools without any "Windows binary"), and
Raceman has a fool-proof Windows installer (produced by InnoSetup
from the py2exe output).
- new class Populator (24.01.05) — I redesigned the system to populate databases.
New class Populator.
- New method Store.query() (24.01.05) — Session.query()
forwards now to Store.query(), and
it is store.py who
imports datasource. session.py no longer imports Datasource.
Store.registerDatasource() can go away. Nobody except the store will
instanciate Datasource. One design stupidity less!
- storing entries before defaultButton.click() (23.01.05) — fixed a problem in lino.forms: when defaultButton is activated, the
current TextEntry doesn't get a kill-focus event and this Entry's value was
- renamed "accept_" to "validate_" (23.01.05) — Added datatypes.Type.validate() which normally does nothing.
I plan to have a validate() method per Type, per Field, per Row and maybe per
Table. The per-Field validate() calls first the type validator and then the
onValidate methods. All validators raise a DataVeto with appropriate
explanation to indicate that validation failed.
- raceman now writes human-readable times to arrivals.txt (21.01.05)
- Setting buttons on a Panel as default button (21.01.05) — lino.forms currently responds to the form's default button only if the
buttons are on the main panel (not on a horizontal buttonPanel).
I didn't yet figure out how to achieve this in wxPython. more
- new textprinter example (21.01.05) — New textprinter1.py example. Rather for fun or to be complete I
added a console version of a textprinter.
The old Example is now obsolete.
- event handling in lino.forms (21.01.05) — I'm thinking about the event handling in lino.forms. more
- about datatypes (20.01.05) — A datatypes.Type is now a Describable.
Replaced Type.child() by Type.__call__():
Instead of writing STRING.child(width=8) you write now
I should maybe rename datatypes to "fieldtypes".
- Form.addDataEntry() (19.01.05) — forms4.py
can now skip
between rows of the Partners table. The navigator looks primitive, but I'm
glad that it works.
- shared tables with different language contexts (19.01.05) — adamo/tests 35 and (new) 37 now work. But in 35 I cheated a little. more
- lino.forms : data grid and sata entry forms work (18.01.05) — Wow, lino.forms advanced more than I expected for today:
forms3.py : a first data grid
forms4.py : a first data-entry form (navigator not finished)
- fixed: risizing form doesn't resize content (18.01.05) — This was just a minor cosmetic problem, but took me some time to solve. more
- Raceman, the frist Lino application (17.01.05) — I wrote a first real application that uses Lino.forms.
It is the «arrivals» entry form for Raceman. more