Code changes (page 6 of 10)
- TIM tools performance (30.03.05) — The TIM tools had been slow to startup. Fixed performance issue. more
- prn2pdf failed on landscape documents (29.03.05) — prn2pdf.py failed when landscape mode was requested.
It forgot to rotate the first page, remainaing pages were okay.
- prn2pdf now uses sys.stdin.encoding (25.03.05) — prn2pdf.py assumed a hard-coded value "cp850" for encoding of
the input file. Now it uses sys.stdin.encoding. So in a Windows cmd box the
input file is supposed to use the same codepage as the command box itself.
- i18n.py on English-speaking locale (18.03.05) — On a machine with a language set to English, i18n thought that
it has to look up a translation. Bug fixed.
- BaseJob.refresh() (14.03.05) — BaseJob
has now a refresh() method.
Job.status() and Job.increment() call this automatically.
But a Task must call it if it wants to refresh the display without calling
- show GUI console window during startup (13.03.05) — When Raceman decided to re-import the DBF files in --loadfrom during
startup, then nothing of this was visible. That's why the console window now
opens automatically as frist frame before calling Application.init().
- renamed info() to notice() (12.03.05) — maybe not yet everywhere.
Remember that I announced this on 10.03.05.
- moving away from a singleton console (12.03.05) — When running the test cases, their output went to screen instead of being
- use standard Python logging module? (10.03.05) — Should I use the standard logging module?
Still thinking about relationship between Console,
UI, Form etc. more
- frozen console applications with non-ascii chars (10.03.05) — I started to translate some messages for
I noticed that there was a problem with non-ascii chars,
at least on my Windows box.
- frozen GUI applications and console output (09.03.05) — When a GUI application like
Raceman and Keeper
is frozen using py2exe,
then sys.stdout is redirected by default to a «black hole».
I changed this because I think that console output into a decent separate
window is useful.
- GUI console (06.03.05) — Lots of changes. Toolkit,
New TextViewer class to display the
console output when running as GUI. All this is still unstable.
Added Keeper to mkdist.py.
Commited revision 146.
- Describable.hasLabel() (04.03.05) — Since Describable.getLabel() never
returns None (but uses the name if a label wasn't set), there is now a method
hasLabel() which returns True is a label *really* was set.
Form now supports entries without label. more
- worked on Job, Task and ProgressBar (04.03.05) more
- new Center.connect() (02.03.05)